Saturday, July 14, 2012

Mini-Meatloaf Carne Asada Style

One of the recipes I really like from a book Country Girl gave me is for mini-meatloaf.  I tried to put a personal spin on it and make something similar but "carne asada" style.  I started with a ground turkey and ground beef mixture.  To that, I added chopped cilantro, lime juice, garlic, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, smoked chipotle tabasco and chopped red and white onion.


Put them in the oven (on a cookie sheet as they tend to overflow) at 350 for about 35 minutes and presto!

Taste wise, I'd rate them a "fair".  There was plenty of heat thanks to the tabasco and cayenne pepper.  I thought the "carne asda" taste was lacking though.  I'd definitely use more cilantro and lime juice next time.  I also thought they were a bit dry and would cut down the cooking time next time as well.  Country Girl said she thought they were great.  She's a kind critic though =)

No comments:

Post a Comment